By Pastor Shana Wise
1. Read Luke 1:5-20. Like Zachariah, many of us have been ministering (serving in the church) for years, yet some things in our lives have never come to pass. What has God spoken to you that seem impossible to come to pass? Where is your faith concerning His promise?
2. Read Luke 1:19. Zachariah became mute because he didn’t believe the word of God when it was given to him. What things did we miss on this pass year because of our lack of faith? Or what things were “shut up” because of our disbelief?
3. Read Luke 1:24-25. What supernatural things have you experienced this past year? Miracles? How did you respond? Hopefully your response was praise like Elizabeth when she found out that she was pregnant.
4. Luke 1:38 (NIV), “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her. This should be our response moving forward with God. How can we become a better servant for God? What things do we need to yield to Him so that his word can be fulfilled in our lives?
5. Read Luke 1:59-64. God is a God of restoration. Often times our restoration is depending on our response to God’s word. What needs to be restored in your life? Like Zachariah, will you praise Him when He restores you?
6. Read Luke 2:15. The shepherds were tending their flocks (working), after receiving the word from the angel, they went to see Jesus. When was the last time you stopped what you were doing went” to see” Jesus?
7. Read Luke 2:19. Mary pondered on what the angel told her concerning the birth of Jesus and his purpose. What things, if any, have you pondered in your heart over this year?
8. Read Luke 1:26-38 and 2:33-35. God was using angels and people to bring his word to earth regarding the things to come. Has anyone ever spoke a prophetic word over you this year? What was your response? Has it, or are you anticipating it to come to pass?
9. Read Luke 2:26-32. Simeon had been waiting his whole life for the Lord’s Messiah to be revealed to him. Before he died, The Holy Spirit lead him to the temple and he saw and held baby Jesus. When you went to church this year, were you led by the Holy Spirit to go? Did you receive what you had been waiting for?
10. Read Luke 2:38. After the prophet Anna saw baby Jesus, the Messiah, she went and told everyone she knew about it. How many people did you share Jesus with on this year? How many people did you lead to Christ?
Father God, thank you for sending your son Jesus, to be born and to die for the sins of the world. You are Immanuel, God with us, and we thank you for never leaving or forsaking us. Thank you for blessing us through Your Word. Thank you for loving us unconditionally. We look forward to moving into the year with your precious Holy Spirit. In Jesus name, Amen.