By Dr. Shana Wise
Luke 1:26-38 Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, 27 to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 And having come in, the angel said to her, “Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!”
29 But when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and considered what manner of greeting this was. 30 Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son and shall call His name Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. 33 And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.”
34 Then Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I do not know a man?”
35 And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God. 36 Now indeed, Elizabeth your relative has also conceived a son in her old age; and this is now the sixth month for her who was called barren. 37 For with God nothing will be impossible.”
38 Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.
· Women of God must understand that we are daughters of King Jesus. Due to this fact, like Mary we are blessed and highly favored.
· You may have always felt that you are “carrying something” within yourself, but don’t quite understand how it will manifest. God may have given you’re a dream, vision, or idea that is bigger than your natural ability to accomplish. Yet the lesson we can learn from the story of Mary is that when God choses you to be a vessel to get His will accomplished, it is on Him to make it come to pass.
· Many of us are pregnant with possibilities. For Mary, it was God sending His Son Jesus to come and be born of a virgin to save humanity from sin. Sounds impossible right? However, since it was God’s doing, it was possible, and it came to pass. For us, it looks similar, but the only difference is the assignment. Mary’s assignment was to be the vessel to carry baby Jesus. For us, it is birthing the very thing that is connected to our purpose.
· What are you pregnant with? What has God given you that hasn’t come to pass yet, but you believe wholeheartedly that it is for you?
· Mary’s reply when she received the Word from the Lord, was, “Let it be to me according to your word.” Is that your response today? Do you believe that you are pregnant with possibilities and that God will use you to be the vessel for the miracle? What things, if any, are hindering your belief?
Watch Message from The Well CWN & Women Alive Christmas Meeting
About the Author
Dr. Shana Wise is an ordained Pastor and CEO of Wise Choice Ministries (est. 2016). She is the founder of The Well Christian Women’s Network formally known as Christian Women Preachers United. Dr. Wise is the author of women’s devotional, Acts of Intercession, The Impact of Your Election, and co-author of Basic Ministry Training Manual (available on Amazon) and Chief Women Arise. She received a Doctor of Divinity degree in 2019 from St. Thomas Christian University. Her passion is to teach and preach the gospel of Jesus Christ, equip others to apply the Word to their lives, and demonstrate the Word through the power of the Holy Spirit. She is a televangelist that appears on social media outlets. Shana is married to Deacon Ron Wise and is the mother of four children.
For speaking engagements email: email@example.com.
Books available on Amazon:
Acts of Intercession
The Impact of Your Election
Basic Ministry Training Manual
Chief Women Arise
LIKE Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/mrsshanawise
Follow on Instagram: www.instagram.com/wise1too
Follow on Twitter: @shanawise9
Follow on LinkedIn: Shana Wise
Subscribe to Shana Wise YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorVUiH02KsXi08T4UJMl_A
Subscribe to Wise Choice Ministries YouTube Channel
Subscribe to The Well & Women Alive YouTube Channel
Join Global Community W.C.M. Interactive Facebook Group Page to watch and participate with bible study. Interact with our online global community.